Meaning of pragmatic
Pronunciation: (prag-mat'ik), [key]
- of or pertaining to a practical point of view or practical considerations.
- of or pertaining to pragmatism (def. 2).
- of or pertaining to pragmatics (defs. 1, 2).
- treating historical phenomena with special reference to their causes, antecedent conditions, and results.
- of or pertaining to the affairs of state or community.
- busy; active.
- officious; meddlesome; interfering.
- dogmatic; opinionated.
- an officious or meddlesome person.
- pragmatic (Thesaurus)