- 1. pragmatic sanction, pragmatic, imperial decree
- usage: an imperial decree that becomes part of the fundamental law of the land
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. matter-of-fact, pragmatic, pragmatical, practical (vs. impractical)
- usage: concerned with practical matters; "a matter-of-fact (or pragmatic) approach to the problem"; "a matter-of-fact account of the trip"
- 2. pragmatic, pragmatical
- usage: of or concerning the theory of pragmatism
- 3. hardheaded, hard-nosed, practical, pragmatic, realistic (vs. unrealistic)
- usage: guided by practical experience and observation rather than theory; "a hardheaded appraisal of our position"; "a hard-nosed labor leader"; "completely practical in his approach to business"; "not ideology but pragmatic politics"
All rights reserved.
See also: pragmatic (Dictionary)