Meaning of practical
Pronunciation: (prak'ti-kul), [key]
- of or pertaining to practice or action: practical mathematics.
- consisting of, involving, or resulting from practice or action: a practical application of a rule.
- of, pertaining to, or concerned with ordinary activities, business, or work: practical affairs.
- adapted or designed for actual use; useful: practical instructions.
- engaged or experienced in actual practice or work: a practical politician.
- inclined toward or fitted for actual work or useful activities: a practical person.
- mindful of the results, usefulness, advantages or disadvantages, etc., of action or procedure.
- matter-of-fact; prosaic.
- being such in practice or effect; virtual: a practical certainty.
- practicable (def. 3).
- practical (Thesaurus)