possession: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (pu-zesh'un), [key]
- the act or fact of possessing.
- the state of being possessed.
- actual holding or occupancy, either with or without rights of ownership.
- a thing possessed: He packed all his possessions into one trunk.
- property or wealth.
- a territorial dominion of a state.
- He didn't have full possession when he was tackled.
- physical control of the ball or puck by a player or team:He didn't have full possession when he was tackled.
- the right of a team to put the ball into play:They had possession after the other team sank a free throw.
- control over oneself, one's mind, etc.
- domination, actuation, or obsession by a feeling, idea, etc.
- the feeling or idea itself.
- possession (Thesaurus)