WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. possession, ownership, control
- usage: the act of having and controlling property
- 2. possession, relation
- usage: anything owned or possessed
- 3. possession, enchantment, spell, trance
- usage: being controlled by passion or the supernatural
- 4. monomania, possession, mania, passion, cacoethes
- usage: a mania restricted to one thing or idea
- 5. possession, district, territory, territorial dominion, dominion
- usage: a territory that is controlled by a ruling state
- 6. self-control, self-possession, possession, willpower, will power, self-command, self-will, resoluteness, firmness, firmness of purpose, resolve, resolution
- usage: the trait of resolutely controlling your own behavior
- 7. possession, control
- usage: (sport) the act of controlling the ball (or puck); "they took possession of the ball on their own goal line"
All rights reserved.
See also: possession (Dictionary)