plum: Meaning and Definition of
— n., adj., plum•mer, plum•mest.
- the drupaceous fruit of any of several trees belonging to the genus Prunus, of the rose family, having an oblong stone.
- the tree itself.
- any of various other trees bearing a plumlike fruit.
- the fruit itself.
- a sugarplum.
- a raisin, as in a cake or pudding.
- a deep purple varying from bluish to reddish.
- an excellent or desirable thing, as a fine position: The choicest plums went to his old cronies.
- an unanticipated large increase in money or property, as an unexpected legacy; a windfall: The company offered bonuses and other plums.
- Also calleda large stone used in massive concrete construction.
- extremely desirable, rewarding, profitable, or the like: a plum job in the foreign service.
— adj., adv.
- plumb (defs. 3–7).
- a city in SW Pennsylvania. 25,390.
- plum (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.