- 1. plum, plum tree, fruit tree
- usage: any of several trees producing edible oval fruit having a smooth skin and a single hard stone
- 2. plum, edible fruit, drupe, stone fruit
- usage: any of numerous varieties of small to medium-sized round or oval fruit having a smooth skin and a single pit
- 3. plum, position, post, berth, office, spot, billet, place, situation
- usage: a highly desirable position or assignment; "a political plum"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. plumb, plum
- usage: exactly; "fell plumb in the middle of the puddle"
- 2. clean, plumb, plum
- usage: completely; used as intensifiers; "clean forgot the appointment"; "I'm plumb (or plum) tuckered out"
All rights reserved.
See also: plum (Dictionary)