Meaning of plop
Pronunciation: (plop), [key]
— v., n., adv. plopped, plop•ping,
- to make a sound like that of something falling or dropping into water: A frog plopped into the pond.
- to fall with such a sound: Big raindrops plopped against the window.
- to drop or fall with full force or direct impact: He plopped into a chair.
- to drop or set down heavily: She plopped her books on the desk.
- to cause to plop: The fisherman plopped the bait into the river.
- a plopping sound or fall.
- the act of plopping.
- with a plop: The stone fell plop into the water.
- plop (Thesaurus)