pleasure: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (plezh'ur), [key]
— n., v., -ured, -ur•ing.
- the state or feeling of being pleased.
- enjoyment or satisfaction derived from what is to one's liking; gratification; delight.
- worldly or frivolous enjoyment: the pursuit of pleasure.
- recreation or amusement; diversion; enjoyment: Are you traveling on business or for pleasure?
- sensual gratification.
- a cause or source of enjoyment or delight: It was a pleasure to see you.
- pleasurable quality: the pleasure of his company.
- one's will, desire, or choice: to make known one's pleasure.
- to give pleasure to; gratify; please.
- to take pleasure; delight: I pleasure in your company.
- to seek pleasure, as by taking a holiday.
- pleasure (Thesaurus)