WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. pleasure, pleasance, feeling
- usage: a fundamental feeling that is hard to define but that people desire to experience; "he was tingling with pleasure"
- 2. joy, delight, pleasure, positive stimulus
- usage: something or someone that provides a source of happiness; "a joy to behold"; "the pleasure of his company"; "the new car is a delight"
- 3. pleasure, choice, pick, selection
- usage: a formal expression; "he serves at the pleasure of the President"
- 4. pleasure, activity
- usage: an activity that affords enjoyment; "he puts duty before pleasure"
- 5. pleasure, sexual activity, sexual practice, sex, sex activity
- usage: sexual gratification; "he took his pleasure of her"
All rights reserved.
See also: pleasure (Dictionary)