Meaning of pitcher
- a container, usually with a handle and spout or lip, for holding and pouring liquids.
- a pitcherlike modification of the leaf of certain plants.
- an ascidium.
- a person who pitches.
- the player who throws the ball to the opposing batter.
- Also calleda club with an iron head the face of which has more slope than a mashie but less slope than a pitching niblick.
- sett (def. 1).
- (Mary Ludwig Hays McCauley), 1754–1832, American Revolutionary heroine.
- pitcher (Thesaurus)