WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. pitcher, hurler, twirler, thrower, ballplayer, baseball player
- usage: (baseball) the person who does the pitching; "our pitcher has a sore arm"
- 2. pitcher, ewer, vessel
- usage: an open vessel with a handle and a spout for pouring
- 3. pitcher, pitcherful, containerful
- usage: the quantity contained in a pitcher
- 4. pitcher, leaf, leafage, foliage
- usage: (botany) a leaf that that is modified in such a way as to resemble a pitcher or ewer
- 5. pitcher, mound, position
- usage: the position on a baseball team of the player who throws the ball for a batter to try to hit; "he has played every position except pitcher"; "they have a southpaw on the mound"
All rights reserved.
See also: pitcher (Dictionary)