pip: Meaning and Definition of
- one of the spots on dice, playing cards, or dominoes.
- each of the small segments into which the surface of a pineapple is divided.
- metal insigne of rank on the shoulders of commissioned officers.
- an individual rootstock of a plant, esp. of the lily of the valley.
- a portion of the rootstock or root of several other plants, as the peony.
- a contagious disease of birds, esp. poultry, characterized by the secretion of a thick mucus in the mouth and throat.
- any minor or unspecified ailment in a person.
- a small seed, esp. of a fleshy fruit, as an apple or orange.
- Also calledsomeone or something wonderful: Last night's party was a pip.
— v., pipped, pip•ping.
- to peep or chirp.
- (of a young bird) to break out from the shell.
- to crack or chip a hole through (the shell), as a young bird.
— n. Electronics.
- blip (def. 1).
— pipped, pip•ping.
- to blackball.
- to defeat (an opponent).
- to shoot, esp. to wound or kill by a gunshot.
- a male given name, form of
- pip (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.