Meaning of perception
Pronunciation: (pur-sep'shun), [key]
- the act or faculty of apprehending by means of the senses or of the mind; cognition; understanding.
- immediate or intuitive recognition or appreciation, as of moral, psychological, or aesthetic qualities; insight; intuition; discernment: an artist of rare perception.
- the result or product of perceiving, as distinguished from the act of perceiving; percept.
- a single unified awareness derived from sensory processes while a stimulus is present.
- the taking into possession of rents, crops, profits, etc.
- perception (Thesaurus)