Meaning of peep
- to look through a small opening or from a concealed location.
- to look slyly, pryingly, or furtively.
- to look curiously or playfully.
- to come partially into view; begin to appear: the first crocuses peeping through the snow-covered ground.
- to show or protrude slightly.
- a quick or furtive look or glance.
- the first appearance, as of dawn.
- an aperture for looking through.
- a short, shrill little cry or sound, as of a young bird; cheep; squeak.
- any of various small sandpipers.
- a slight sound or remark, esp. in complaint: I don't want to hear a peep out of any of you!
- to utter the short, shrill little cry of a young bird, a mouse, etc.; cheep; squeak.
- to speak in a thin, weak voice.
- peep (Thesaurus)