- 1. cheep, peep, cry
- usage: the short weak cry of a young bird
- 2. peek, peep, look, looking, looking at
- usage: a secret look
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. peep, look
- usage: look furtively; "He peeped at the woman through the window"
- 2. peep, show
- usage: cause to appear; "he peeped his head through the window"
- 3. peep, cheep, chirp, chirrup, utter, emit, let out, let loose
- usage: make high-pitched sounds; "the birds were chirping in the bushes"
- 4. peep, talk, speak, utter, mouth, verbalize, verbalise
- usage: speak in a hesitant and high-pitched tone of voice
- 5. peep, appear
- usage: appear as though from hiding; "the new moon peeped through the tree tops"
All rights reserved.
See also: peep (Dictionary)