pedal: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ped'l or, for 6–8, pēd'l), [key]
— n., v., adj. -aled, -al•ing -alled, -al•ling,
- a foot-operated lever used to control certain mechanisms, as automobiles, or to play or modify the sounds of certain musical instruments, as pianos, organs, or harps.
- a leverlike part worked by the foot to supply power in various mechanisms, as the bicycle.
- a foot-operated keyboard, as on an organ or harpsichord.
- any of the keys of such a keyboard.
- Seepedal point.
- to work or use the pedals, as in playing an organ or propelling a bicycle.
- to work the pedals of (an organ, bicycle, etc.).
- of or pertaining to a foot or the feet.
- of or pertaining to a pedal or pedals.
- using pedals: a pedal mechanism.
- pedal (Thesaurus)