Meaning of pasture
Pronunciation: (pas'chur, päs'-), [key]
— n., v., -tured, -tur•ing.
- Also calledan area covered with grass or other plants used or suitable for the grazing of livestock; grassland.
- a specific area or piece of such ground.
- grass or other plants for feeding livestock.
- Most of our older employees don't want to be put out to pasture.
- to put in a pasture to graze.
- to dismiss, retire, or use sparingly as being past one's or its prime:Most of our older employees don't want to be put out to pasture.
- to feed (livestock) by putting them out to graze on pasture.
- (of land) to furnish with pasture.
- (of livestock) to graze upon.
- (of livestock) to graze in a pasture.
Pronunciation: (Fr. pä-tyr'), [key]
- pasture (Thesaurus)