Meaning of passion
Pronunciation: (pash'un), [key]
- any powerful or compelling emotion or feeling, as love or hate.
- strong amorous feeling or desire; love; ardor.
- strong sexual desire; lust.
- an instance or experience of strong love or sexual desire.
- a person toward whom one feels strong love or sexual desire.
- a strong or extravagant fondness, enthusiasm, or desire for anything: a passion for music.
- the object of such a fondness or desire: Accuracy became a passion with him.
- an outburst of strong emotion or feeling: He suddenly broke into a passion of bitter words.
- violent anger.
- the state of being acted upon or affected by something external, esp. something alien to one's nature or one's customary behavior (contrasted with action).
- (often cap.)
- the sufferings of Christ on the cross or His sufferings subsequent to the Last Supper.
- the narrative of Christ's sufferings as recorded in the Gospels.
- the sufferings of a martyr.
- passion (Thesaurus)