WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. passion, passionateness, feeling
- usage: a strong feeling or emotion
- 2. heat, warmth, passion, emotionality, emotionalism
- usage: the trait of being intensely emotional
- 3. rage, passion, desire
- usage: something that is desired intensely; "his rage for fame destroyed him"
- 4. mania, passion, cacoethes, irrational motive
- usage: an irrational but irresistible motive for a belief or action
- 5. passion, sexual desire, eros, concupiscence, physical attraction
- usage: a feeling of strong sexual desire
- 6. love, passion, object
- usage: any object of warm affection or devotion; "the theater was her first love"; "he has a passion for cock fighting";
- 7. Passion, Passion of Christ, agony, suffering, excruciation
- usage: the suffering of Jesus at the Crucifixion
All rights reserved.
See also: passion (Dictionary)