parcel: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (pär'sul), [key]
— n., v., adv. -celed, -cel•ing -celled, -cel•ling,
- an object, article, container, or quantity of something wrapped or packed up; small package; bundle.
- a quantity or unit of something, as of a commodity for sale; lot.
- a group, collection, or assemblage of persons or things.
- a distinct, continuous portion or tract of land.
- a part, portion, or fragment.
- to divide into or distribute in parcels or portions (usually fol. by out).
- to make into a parcel or wrap as a parcel.
- to cover or wrap (a rope) with strips of canvas.
- in part; partially.
- parcel (Thesaurus)