Ottawa: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ot'u-wu), [key]
— pl. -was, -wa
- a city in and the capital of Canada, in SE Ontario. 304,462.
- a river in SE Canada, flowing SE along the boundary between Ontario and Quebec into the St. Lawrence at Montreal. 685 mi. (1105 km) long.
- a city in NE Illinois, SW of Chicago. 18,166.
- a town in E Kansas. 11,016.
- a member of a tribe of Algonquian Indians of Canada, forced into the Lake Superior and Lake Michigan regions by the Iroquois confederacy.
- the Ojibwa language as used by the Ottawa Indians.
- ottawa (Thesaurus)