other: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (u'ur), [key]
- additional or further: he and one other person.
- different or distinct from the one mentioned or implied: in some other city; Some other design may be better.
- different in nature or kind: I would not have him other than he is.
- being the remaining one of two or more: the other hand.
- (used with plural nouns) being the remaining ones of a number: the other men; some other countries.
- former; earlier: sailing ships of other days.
- not long past: the other night.
- every alternate: a meeting every other week.
- the other one: Each praises the other.
- Usually,other persons or things: others in the medical profession.
- some person or thing else: Surely some friend or other will help me.
- otherwise; differently (usually fol. by than): We can't collect the rent other than by suing the tenant.
- other (Thesaurus)