WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. other (vs. same), different, another(prenominal), some other, different, new(prenominal), opposite, opposite, opposite, otherwise, separate
- usage: not the same one or ones already mentioned or implied; "today isn't any other day"- the White Queen; "the construction of highways and other public works"; "he asked for other employment"; "any other person would tell the truth"; "his other books are still in storage"; "then we looked at the other house"; "hearing was good in his other ear"; "the other sex"; "she lived on the other side of the street from me"; "went in the other direction"
- 2. other(prenominal), past (vs. present) (vs. future)
- usage: recently past; "the other evening"
- 3. early(prenominal), former(prenominal), other(prenominal), past (vs. present) (vs. future)
- usage: belonging to the distant past; "the early inhabitants of Europe"; "former generations"; "in other times"
- 4. other, strange (vs. familiar), unusual
- usage: very unusual; different in character or quality from the normal or expected; "a strange, other dimension...where his powers seemed to fail"- Lance Morrow
All rights reserved.
See also: other (Dictionary)