orthodox: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ôr'thu-doks"), [key]
- of, pertaining to, or conforming to the approved form of any doctrine, philosophy, ideology, etc.
- of, pertaining to, or conforming to beliefs, attitudes, or modes of conduct that are generally approved.
- customary or conventional, as a means or method; established.
- sound or correct in opinion or doctrine, esp. theological or religious doctrine.
- conforming to the Christian faith as represented in the creeds of the early church.
- (cap.) of, pertaining to, or designating the Eastern Church, esp. the Greek Orthodox Church.
- (cap.) of, pertaining to, or characteristic of Orthodox Jews or Orthodox Judaism.
- orthodox (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.