Meaning of orientation
Pronunciation: (ôr"ē-un-tā'shun, -en-, ōr"-), [key]
- the act or process of orienting.
- the state of being oriented.
- an introduction, as to guide one in adjusting to new surroundings, employment, activity, or the like: New employees receive two days of orientation.
- the ability to locate oneself in one's environment with reference to time, place, and people.
- one's position in relation to true north, to points on the compass, or to a specific place or object.
- the ascertainment of one's true position, as in a novel situation, with respect to attitudes, judgments, etc.
- the relative positions of certain atoms or groups, especially in aromatic compounds.
- the determination of the position of substituted atoms or groups in a compound.
- orientation (Thesaurus)