WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. orientation, placement, location, locating, position, positioning, emplacement
- usage: the act of orienting
- 2. orientation, attitude, mental attitude
- usage: an integrated set of attitudes and beliefs
- 3. orientation, direction
- usage: position or alignment relative to points of the compass or other specific directions
- 4. predilection, preference, orientation, predisposition
- usage: a predisposition in favor of something; "a predilection for expensive cars"; "his sexual preferences"; "showed a Marxist orientation"
- 5. orientation, self-awareness
- usage: a person's awareness of self with regard to position and time and place and personal relationships
- 6. orientation course, orientation, course, course of study, course of instruction, class
- usage: a course introducing a new situation or environment
All rights reserved.
See also: orientation (Dictionary)