Meaning of novel
- a fictitious prose narrative of considerable length and complexity, portraying characters and usually presenting a sequential organization of action and scenes.
- (formerly) novella (def. 1).
- of a new kind; different from anything seen or known before: a novel idea.
- an imperial enactment subsequent and supplementary to an imperial compilation and codification of authoritative legal materials.
- Usually,Novels,imperial enactments subsequent to the promulgation of Justinian's Code and supplementary to it: one of the four divisions of the Corpus Juris Civilis.
- an amendment to a statute.
- novel (Thesaurus)