- 1. novel, fiction
- usage: an extended fictional work in prose; usually in the form of a story
- 2. novel, book, volume
- usage: a printed and bound book that is an extended work of fiction; "his bookcases were filled with nothing but novels"; "he burned all the novels"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. fresh, new, novel, original (vs. unoriginal)
- usage: original and of a kind not seen before; "the computer produced a completely novel proof of a well-known theorem"
- 2. novel, refreshing, new (vs. old)
- usage: pleasantly new or different; "common sense of a most refreshing sort"
All rights reserved.
See also: novel (Dictionary)