northwest: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (nôrth"west'Naut.nôr"west'), [key]
- a point on the compass midway between north and west. Abbr.: NW
- a region in this direction.
- the northwestern part of the United States, esp. Washington, Oregon, and Idaho.
- the northwestern part of the United States when its western boundary was the Mississippi River.
- the northwestern part of Canada.
- coming from the northwest: a northwest wind.
- directed toward the northwest: sailing a northwest course.
- from the northwest.
- toward the northwest: sailing northwest.
- northwest (Thesaurus)