- 1. Northwest, northwestern United States
- usage: the northwestern region of the United States
- 2. northwest, direction
- usage: the direction corresponding to the northwestward compass point
- 3. northwest, nor'-west, northwestward, NW, compass point, point
- usage: the compass point midway between north and west; at 315 degrees
- 4. northwest, location
- usage: a location in the northwestern part of a country, region, or city
- 1. northwestern, northwesterly, northwest, north (vs. south)
- usage: situated in or oriented toward the northwest
- 2. northwesterly, northwest, north (vs. south)
- usage: coming from the northwest; "northwesterly winds"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. northwest, north-west, nor'-west
- usage: to, toward, or in the northwest
All rights reserved.
See also: northwest (Dictionary)