national: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (nash'u-nl, nash'nul), [key]
- of, pertaining to, or maintained by a nation as an organized whole or independent political unit: national affairs.
- owned, preserved, or maintained by the federal government: a national wildlife refuge.
- peculiar or common to the whole people of a country: national customs.
- devoted to one's own nation, its interests, etc.; patriotic: to stir up national pride.
- concerning or encompassing an entire nation: a national radio network.
- limited to one nation.
- a citizen or subject of a particular nation who is entitled to its protection: U.S. nationals living abroad.
- Often,a national competition, tournament, or the like: We're invited to Minneapolis for the nationals.
- a national company or organization.
- national (Thesaurus)