- 1. national, subject, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
- usage: a person who owes allegiance to that nation; "a monarch has a duty to his subjects"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. national
- usage: of or relating to or belonging to a nation or country; "national hero"; "national anthem"; "a national landmark"
- 2. national (vs. international), nationalist, nationalistic, domestic
- usage: limited to or in the interests of a particular nation; "national interests"; "isolationism is a strictly national policy"
- 3. national (vs. local), federal
- usage: concerned with or applicable to or belonging to an entire nation or country; "the national government"; "national elections"; "of national concern"; "the national highway system"; "national forests"
- 4. national, public (vs. private)
- usage: owned or maintained for the public by the national government; "national parks"
- 5. home(prenominal), interior(prenominal), internal, national, domestic (vs. foreign)
- usage: inside the country; "the British Home Office has broader responsibilities than the United States Department of the Interior"; "the nation's internal politics"
- 6. national
- usage: characteristic of or peculiar to the people of a nation; "a national trait"
- 7. national
- usage: of or relating to nationality; "national origin"
All rights reserved.
See also: national (Dictionary)