muscular: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (mus'kyu-lur), [key]
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.
- of or pertaining to muscle or the muscles: muscular strain.
- dependent on or affected by the muscles: muscular strength.
- having well-developed muscles; brawny.
- vigorously and forcefully expressed, executed, performed, etc., as if by the use of a great deal of muscular power: a muscular response to terrorism.
- broad and energetic, esp. with the implication that subtlety and grace are lacking: a muscular style.
- reflected in physical activity and work: a muscular religion.
- having or showing power; powerful: a muscular vehicle.