WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. muscular
- usage: of or relating to or consisting of muscle; "muscular contraction"
- 2. mesomorphic (vs. ectomorphic) (vs. endomorphic), muscular, athletic
- usage: having a robust muscular body-build characterized by predominance of structures (bone and muscle and connective tissue) developed from the embryonic mesodermal layer
- 3. muscular, powerful (vs. powerless)
- usage: having or suggesting great physical power or force; "the muscular and passionate Fifth Symphony"
- 4. brawny, hefty, muscular, powerful, sinewy, strong (vs. weak)
- usage: (of a person) possessing physical strength and weight; rugged and powerful; "a hefty athlete"; "a muscular boxer"; "powerful arms"
All rights reserved.
See also: muscular (Dictionary)