Meaning of muddy
Pronunciation: (mud'ē), [key]
— adj., v., -di•er, -di•est, -died, -dy•ing.
- abounding in or covered with mud.
- not clear or pure: muddy colors.
- cloudy with sediment: muddy coffee.
- dull, as the complexion.
- not clear mentally.
- obscure or vague, as thought, expression, or literary style.
- denoting the condition of a track after a heavy, continuous rainfall has ceased and been completely absorbed into the surface, leaving it the consistency of thick mud.
- to make muddy; soil with mud.
- to make turbid.
- to cause to be confused or obscure.
- to become muddy.
- muddy (Thesaurus)