Synonyms of muddy
- 1. muddy, muddy up, dirty, soil, begrime, grime, colly, bemire
- usage: dirty with mud
- 2. muddy, confuse, blur, obscure, obnubilate
- usage: cause to become muddy; "These data would have muddied the prediction"
- 3. muddy, change, alter, modify
- usage: make turbid; "muddy the water"
- 1. boggy, marshy, miry, mucky, muddy, quaggy, sloppy, sloughy, soggy, squashy, swampy, waterlogged, wet (vs. dry)
- usage: (of soil) soft and watery; "the ground was boggy under foot"; "a marshy coastline"; "miry roads"; "wet mucky lowland"; "muddy barnyard"; "quaggy terrain"; "the sloughy edge of the pond"; "swampy bayous"
- 2. mucky, muddy, dirty (vs. clean), soiled, unclean
- usage: dirty and messy; covered with mud or muck; "muddy boots"; "a mucky stable"
- 3. dirty, dingy, muddied, muddy, impure (vs. pure)
- usage: (of color) discolored by impurities; not bright and clear; "dirty" is often used in combination; "a dirty (or dingy) white"; "the muddied grey of the sea"; "muddy colors"; "dirty-green walls"; "dirty-blonde hair"
- 4. cloudy, muddy, mirky, murky, turbid, opaque (vs. clear)
- usage: (of liquids) clouded as with sediment; "a cloudy liquid"; "muddy coffee"; "murky waters"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of muddy (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.