mortification: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (môr"tu-fi-kā'shun), [key]
- a feeling of humiliation or shame, as through some injury to one's pride or self-respect.
- a cause or source of such humiliation or shame.
- the practice of asceticism by penitential discipline to overcome desire for sin and to strengthen the will.
- the death of one part of the body while the rest is alive; gangrene; necrosis.
- mortification (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.