mortal: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (môr'tl), [key]
- subject to death; having a transitory life: all mortal creatures.
- of or pertaining to human beings as subject to death; human: this mortal life.
- belonging to this world.
- deadly or implacable; relentless: a mortal enemy.
- severe, dire, grievous, or bitter: in mortal fear.
- causing or liable to cause death; fatal: a mortal wound.
- to the death: mortal combat.
- of or pertaining to death: the mortal hour.
- involving spiritual death (opposed to venial): mortal sin.
- long and wearisome.
- extreme; very great: in a mortal hurry.
- conceivable; possible: of no mortal value to the owners.
- a human being.
- the condition of being subject to death.
- mortal (Thesaurus)