Meaning of mogul
Pronunciation: (mō'gul), [key]
- a bump or mound of hard snow on a ski slope.
Pronunciation: (mō'gul, -gul, mō-gul'), [key]
- any of the Mongol conquerors of India who established an empire that lasted from 1526 to 1857, but held only nominal power after 1803. Cf.
- any of their descendants.
- (l.c.) an important, powerful, or influential person: a mogul of the movie industry.
- a Mongol or Mongolian.
- a steam locomotive having a two-wheeled front truck, six driving wheels, and no rear truck. See table under
- of or pertaining to the Moguls or their empire.
- mogul (Thesaurus)