modal: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (mōd'l), [key]
- of or pertaining to mode, manner, or form.
- pertaining to mode, as distinguished from key.
- based on a scale other than major or minor.
- pertaining to or suitable for transportation involving only one form of a carrier, as truck, rail, or ship. Cf.(def. 3),
- noting or pertaining to mood.
- pertaining to a mode of a thing, as distinguished from one of its basic attributes or from its substance or matter.
- exhibiting or expressing some phase of modality.
- modal (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.