- 1. modal auxiliary verb, modal auxiliary, modal verb, modal, auxiliary verb
- usage: an auxiliary verb (such as `can' or `will') that is used to express modality
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. modal(prenominal), average, normal (vs. abnormal)
- usage: relating to or constituting the most frequent value in a distribution; "the modal age at which American novelists reach their peak is 30"
- 2. modal
- usage: of or relating to a musical mode; especially written in an ecclesiastical mode
- 3. modal
- usage: relating to or expressing the mood of a verb; "modal auxiliary"
All rights reserved.
See also: modal (Dictionary)