Mitchell: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (mich'ul), [key]
- born 1934, U.S. ballet dancer, choreographer, and ballet company director.
- 1870–1919, U.S. labor leader.
- 1900–49, U.S. novelist.
- 1818–89, U.S. astronomer.
- 1920–92, British biochemist: Nobel prize 1978.
- 1829–1914, U.S. physician and novelist.
- 1879–1936, U.S. general: pioneer in the field of aviation.
- a mountain in W North Carolina: highest peak in the E United States, 6684 ft. (2037 m).
- a city in SE South Dakota. 13,916.
- a male given name, form of
- mitchell (Thesaurus)