WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Mitchell, R. J. Mitchell, Reginald Joseph Mitchell
- usage: English aeronautical engineer (1895-1937)
- 2. Mitchell, William Mitchell, Billy Mitchell
- usage: United States aviator and general who was an early advocate of military air power (1879-1936)
- 3. Mitchell, Maria Mitchell
- usage: United States astronomer who studied sunspots and nebulae (1818-1889)
- 4. Mitchell, Margaret Mitchell, Margaret Munnerlyn Mitchell
- usage: United States writer noted for her novel about the South during the American Civil War (1900-1949)
- 5. Mitchell, John Mitchell
- usage: United States labor leader; president of the United Mine Workers of America from 1898 to 1908 (1870-1919)
- 6. Mitchell, Arthur Mitchell
- usage: United States dancer who formed the first Black classical ballet company (born in 1934)
All rights reserved.
See also: mitchell (Dictionary)