ministry: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (min'u-strē), [key]
— pl. -tries.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.
- the service, functions, or profession of a minister of religion.
- the body or class of ministers of religion; clergy.
- the service, function, or office of a minister of state.
- the body of ministers of state.
- (usually cap.) any of the administrative governmental departments of certain countries usually under the direction of a minister of state.
- (usually cap.) the building that houses such an administrative department.
- the term of office of a minister of state.
- an act or instance of ministering; ministration; service.
- something that serves as an agency, instrument, or means.