WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. ministry, priesthood
- usage: religious ministers collectively (especially Presbyterian)
- 2. ministry, building, edifice
- usage: building where the business of a government department is transacted
- 3. ministry, government department
- usage: a government department under the direction of a minister
- 4. ministry, employment, work
- usage: the work of a minister of religion; "he is studying for the ministry"
All rights reserved.
See also: ministry (Dictionary)