midway: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (adv., adj.mid'wā'n.mid'wā&sec), [key]
— adv., adj.
- in the middle of the way or distance; halfway.
- a place or part situated midway.
- (often cap.) the place or way, as at a fair or carnival, on or along which sideshows and similar amusements are located.
- the amusements, concessions, etc., located on or around this place or way.
Pronunciation: (mid'wā"), [key]
- several U.S. islets in the N Pacific, about 1300 mi. (2095 km) NW of Hawaii: Japanese defeated in a naval battle June, 1942; 2 sq. mi. (5 sq. km).
- an airport in Chicago.
- midway (Thesaurus)