- 1. midway, tract, piece of land, piece of ground, parcel of land, parcel
- usage: the place at a fair or carnival where sideshows and similar amusements are located
- 2. Midway, Battle of Midway
- usage: naval battle of World War II (June 1942); American planes based on land and on carriers decisively defeated a Japanese fleet on its way to invade the Midway Islands
- 1. center(prenominal), halfway, middle(prenominal), midway, central (vs. peripheral)
- usage: equally distant from the extremes
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. halfway, midway
- usage: at half the distance; at the middle; "he was halfway down the ladder when he fell"
All rights reserved.
See also: midway (Dictionary)