member: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (mem'bur), [key]
- a person, animal, plant, group, etc., that is part of a society, party, community, taxon, or other body.
- a member of Congress, esp. of the House of Representatives.
- a member of the British Parliament, esp. of the House of Commons.
- any member of a legislative body.
- a part or organ of an animal body; a limb, as a leg, arm, or wing.
- a structural entity of a plant body.
- the penis.
- a constituent part of any structural or composite whole, as a subordinate architectural feature of a building.
- either side of an equation.
- an element of a set.
- a stratigraphic unit recognized within a formation, and mapped as such.
- being a member of or having membership in an association, organization, etc.: member countries of the United Nations.
- member (Thesaurus)