WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. member, fellow member, associate
- usage: one of the persons who compose a social group (especially individuals who have joined and participate in a group organization); "only members will be admitted"; "a member of the faculty"; "she was introduced to all the members of his family"
- 2. member, part, portion, component part, component, constituent
- usage: anything that belongs to a set or class; "snakes are members of the class Reptilia"; "members of the opposite sex"
- 3. extremity, appendage, member, external body part
- usage: an external body part that projects from the body; "it is important to keep the extremities warm"
- 4. member, unit, social unit
- usage: an organization that is a member of another organization (especially a state that belongs to a group of nations); "the library was a member of the interlibrary loan association"; "Canada is a member of the United Nations"
- 5. penis, phallus, member, erectile organ
- usage: the male organ of copulation (`member' is a euphemism)
All rights reserved.
See also: member (Dictionary)